1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
3 cloves garlic (pushed through garlic press)
1 Tbs Italian seasoning
3 large green bell peppers, cleaned and chopped
2 14 1/2-ounce cans of petite diced tomatoes (do not drain)
3 cups cooked rice
2 cup mozzarella cheese (divided) (omit cheese for a very low fat recipe)
- Brown the meat in a large skillet
- Add garlic and Italian seasoning
- Stir in tomatoes, green peppers and cooked rice
- Spoon half of the mixture into a 9x13 casserole dish and top with half the cheese. Spoon in remaining mixture and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees (or until casserole is bubbly and green peppers are tender).
Submitted by Amy