1 cup Pilsner beer
1/2 cup dark beer
21 ounces Cheshire or Cheddar cheese
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
2 Tbsp. water
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 Tbsp. brandy
- Bring beer to a boil in fondue pot, stirring constantly.
- Add cheese to beer, a handful at a time, stirring until melted.
- Dissolve cornstarch in cold water.
- Add dissolved cornstarch and lemon juice to cheese mixture
- Cook until bubbly.
- Stir in pepper and brandy.
- It may be easier to make this on the stove top and then pour it into your fondue pot.
- You can use 1 1/2 cups of Guinness instead of two different beers.
- It still tastes great if you omit the brandy.
Submitted by Holly