1 1/3 c flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup soft butter (one stick)
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Combine butter, sugar, egg and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth.
- Stir in flour mix and nuts.
- Spread in a greased 9 inch pan.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes.
- The batter will be seriously thick (kind of like cookie dough, not batter). Just mashed it in the pan and you will get good results.
- Try substituting the walnuts with chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, white chocolate chips or M&Ms for a different flavor.
Submitted by Kate