I really wish there was another name for this dip. It's a lot like hummus and very creamy, like it has dairy in it, but it doesn't. White Bean Dip just sounds so boring. Maybe AMAZING White Bean Dip?
1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
2 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup (loosely packed) fresh Italian parsley leaves
Freshly ground black pepper
- Combine ingredients in food processor until smooth.
- You may use different types of fresh herbs in this dip but it's important to use fresh parsley as opposed to dried, it affects the color, texture and flavor.
- Serve with warm flat bread
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Monday, February 15, 2010
Makes 3 big 16" pizzas
Ingredients for Crust
Ingredients for Crust
2 pkg. Quick Rise dry yeast (I use Fleishman's or Red Star)
3 c. lukewarm ( 110°-115°F )or milk (okay to use skim or powdered dry milk, reconstituted)
4 Tbsp. olive oil
3 Tbsp. honey
1 tsp. garlic powde
1 tsp. onion powder (or) 2 Tbsp Italian seasonings
2 tsp. salt
8 to 10 c. flour more or less)
Directions for Crust
- Mix yeast in milk in glass bowl. Add other ingredients in order.
- Use whisk for first additions, then switch to wooden spoon when mixture thickens.
- You may add the last 2 cups or so of flour by hand during kneading process.
- Knead 2 or 3 minutes on counter or bread board.
- Use the same bowl you mixed in (no washing needed) and pour in a Tbsp of oil.
- Put in the dough, press down, turn it over, and cover with a plate or moistened towel.
- Let sit in bowl half hour or so in a warm place, covered.
- After rising, punch down and divide into thirds
- If you want to freeze your dough, this is the perfect time.
- If using immediately, roll each portion to a 16" circle on floured surface.
- Bake (partially) on greased pan. (about 10 minutes.) remove from oven
Ingredients for Pizza
Don Pepino pizza sauce (try to get that brand if it's available. 1 can is good for 2 pizzas) (or) Alfredo sauce - any brand (1 jar is good for 2 pizzas)
6 to 8 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
a good variety of pizza toppings, meats and vegetables
Directions for Pizza
- Begin with one partially cooked pizza crust.
- Spread sauce of your choice
- Add toppings, and cheese
- Bake at 450°F for about 3 - 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- I am really flexible with amounts, and pretty flexible with temperatures, and times. Think of this as a starting point, and don't be too stressed out about getting it exact. Like music, or painting, make it your own. Sometimes you improvise....
- If it's really cold in your house, you may have a hard time getting your dough to rise. Try pre-heating your oven to the lowest temp it will allow (usually 150-200 degrees). As soon as it is heated turn the oven off and open the door. After about a minute put the bowl of dough in and close the door. When using this method it is really important that the dough is covered with a damp towel.
- If you have frozen your pizza dough take it out of the freezer the night before and put in the fridge. Take out of the fridge approximately one hour before using (more if your house is cold) and allow to come to room temp before rolling out.
Submitted by Nancy