4 skinless boneless chicken breasts halves
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 Tbs butter
1 green bell pepper chopped
1 medium onion chopped
2 (10-oz) cans diced tomatoes and green chilies
1 (10 3/4 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
1 (10 3/4 oz) can cream of chicken soup
12 (6-inch) flour tortillas, cut into quarters
2 cups (8 oz) cheddar cheese, divided
- Sprinkle chicken breasts evenly with salt and pepper; place in a lightly greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Bake at 325 for 20 min or until done; cool.
- Coarsely chop chicken.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat; add bell pepper and onion and saute 4 min or until crisp-tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in chicken, tomatoes and green chilies, and soups.
- Place one-third of tortilla quarters in bottom of a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish; top with one-third of chicken mixture and sprinkle evenly with 2/3 cup cheese.
- Repeat layers twice reserving last 2/3 cup cheese.
- Bake at 325 for 35 min; sprinkle with reserved cheese and bake 5 more minutes.
- Let stand 5 min before serving.
Submitted by Kelly and Amy