1 pkg Active Dry Yeast
3/4 cup warm water
2 Tbs sugar
2 Tbs oil
1 egg (room temperature)
3 cups sifted flour
- Mix and dissolve yeast in 3/4 cup warm water
- Add the sugar, oil, egg and one cup of the flour.
- Set on a rack over hot water for 15 minutes (cover bowl with a kitchen towel)
- Add the other 2 cups of flour.
- Knead until smooth - about 3-4 minutes.
- Form into rolls and place in a greased 8 X 8 pan.
- Put back on rack over hot water for 35 minutes (with the kitchen towel over pan)
- Bake in a 400* preheated oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Tap the top of the rolls, they will sound hollow when done.
Submitted by Kelly
Yield: 18 rolls.