1/2 cup cubed (1/4" pieces) white sandwich bread, crust removed and discarded,
2 tablespoons milk
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 medium garlic clove, minced or pressed through a garlic press (about 1 teaspoon)
2 teaspoons steak sauce
1 1/2 pounds 80% lean ground chuck
- Mash bread and milk in large bowl with fork until blended (you should have about 1/4 cup)
- Stir in salt, pepper, garlic, and steak sauce.
- Break up beef into small pieces over bread mixture. Using fork or hands, lightly mix together until mixture forms cohesive mass.
- Divide meat into 4 equal portions and form hamburger patty approximately 3/4" thick patties
- Press center of patty down with fingertips until it is about 1/2 thick, creating a slight depression in each patty, this way, the hamburger is FLAT rather than ROUNDED when it's done!
Submitted by Kelly