1 jar spaghetti sauce
2 cans petite diced tomatoes (do not drain)
4 cloves garlic (minced or pushed through garlic press)
6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 diced green pepper (optional)
10 diced mushrooms (optional)
- Arrange chicken breasts in bottom of crock pot
- Combine spaghetti sauce, diced tomatoes, garlic, green peppers and mushrooms and pour over chicken
- Cook on low heat for approximately 8 hours
- Use knife and fork to break up chicken and stir into sauce
- Cooking this too long in the crock pot will dry out the chicken.
- You can use a large metal spoon to 'cut' chicken and stir into sauce. Chicken will appear shredded.
- The green pepper and mushrooms are truly optional. They add some nice flavor for those who like a chunky sauce but are not necessary for this dish to be flavorful.
- Serve with pasta