Monday, January 8, 2007

Ramen and Broccoli Slaw Salad

INGREDIENTS:
1 (16 ounce) package broccoli coleslaw mix
2 (3 ounce) packages chicken flavored ramen noodles
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1 cup peanuts
1 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup cider vinegar

DIRECTIONS:
- Combine the slaw, broken noodles and green onions in a large salad bowl
- In a small bowl whisk together the sugar, oil, vinegar and ramen seasoning packets.
- Pour over salad and toss to evenly coat.
- Refrigerate until chilled (approx 1 hr.)
- Top with peanuts and sunflower seeds before serving.

Hints:
- Don't make this too far in advance or the ramen noodles will soften.

Submitted by Amy

3 comments:

  1. I haven't tried to make this, but this summer my aunt made almost the identical salad, but she pan fried/sauteed the dry noodles in the olive oil... very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This recipe is GREAT !!!It's a good way to get fiber and feel full.I make it many times a month. I haven't tried to brown the noodles as of yet but, will one of these times.I highly recommend this recipe

    ReplyDelete
  3. This recipe is GREAT !!!It's a good way to get fiber and feel full.I make it many times a month. I haven't tried to brown the noodles as of yet but, will one of these times.I highly recommend this recipe

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to see how these recipes work out for you and what modifications you make. Sorry to have to turn on the word verificatoin but this blog has been getting a LOT of spam!