4 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
4 (8-inch) pita breads
2 Tbs red wine vinegar
Salt and Pepper
1 small red onion, sliced thin
1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
1/2 cup hummus (see note)
1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
1 cup crumbled feta cheese
2 cups arugula
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 475 degrees.
- Brush 2 tablespoons of oil over top and bottom of pita breads.
- Transfer to baking sheet and bake until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining oil, vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste in bowl.
- Toss onion, olives and 2 tablespoons vinaigrette together in separate bowl.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of hummus on each toasted pita round.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over hummus, then top with onion mixture.
- Bake until onions soften and cheese is melted, 6-8 minutes.
- Just before serving, toss arugula with remaining vinaigrette.
- Arrange arugula on top of pita pizza.
Submitted by Kelly