2 Tbs unsalted butter, softened
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp minced fresh rosemary
Salt and pepper
4 bone-in, skin-on split chicken breasts (about 3 lbs)
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 Tbs dark brown sugar
- Adjust bottom oven rack to lowest position (should be about 13 inches from broiler element) and top rack to highest position (should be about 5 inches from broiler element) and heat broiler.
- Line bottom of broiler pan with foil and fit with slotted broiler pan top.
- Combine butter, garlic, rosemary, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in bowl.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels and, using fingers, carefully loosen skin from meat.
- Spoon butter mixture under skin of each breast, then work butter evenly under skin. - Season with salt and pepper and arrange chicken skin side down on broiler-pan top.
- Broil on lower rack until just beginning to brown, 10-15 minutes.
- Turn chicken skin side up and continue to broil until skin is slightly crisp and chicken registers 160 degrees, 10-15 minutes.
- Move pan to upper rack and broil until skin is spotty brown and crisp, about 1
- While chicken is cooking, simmer vinegar and sugar in small saucepan set over medium heat until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Brush vinegar glaze over cooked chicken.
Submitted by Kelly