1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
1 Tbs chopped fresh basil
1/8 tsp hot sauce
2 (15-oz) cans mandarin oranges, drained and chilled*
1 bunch Red Leaf lettuce, torn
1 head Romaine lettuce, torn
1 (16-oz) package of bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 (4-oz) package sliced almonds, toasted
- Whisk together first 5 ingredients in a large bowl, blending well.
- Add oranges and lettuces, tossing gently to coat.
- Sprinkle with crumbled bacon and sliced almonds.
- Serve immediately
- Assemble and dress right before serving.
- Fresh orange segments may be substituted for canned mandarin oranges, if desired.
Submitted by Kelly