1 cup minced onion
1 cup minced carrot
1 cup minced celery
2 cloves minced garlic
3 tbs vegetable oil
10 cups chicken stock (or broth)
1 rotisserie chicken - meat removed and shredded
3 cups prepared fresh salsa
1 bag tortilla chips
- In a heavy bottom dutch oven or stock pot heat oil.
- Sauté onion, carrot and celery in hot oil until onions are translucent.
- Add garlic.
- Add 10 cups chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer
- Add chicken meat and all the juices from the rotisserie pan.
- Spoon 1/2 cup fresh salsa into bottom of soup bowl.
- Ladle chicken soup over fresh salsa.
- Top with crumbled tortilla chips.
- Serve immediately.
- Fresh Salsa can be found in the Deli section of your grocery store. It is sometimes called pico de gallo. It is mostly chopped tomatoes, peppers, chilies, onion and spices and is chunky, not saucy.
- Make sure to combine the salsa and soup right before serving or the tomatoes will get mushy,
- It is not important to have exactly one cup each of onion, celery and carrot. It is more important that you have equal parts of each.
Submitted by Amy