There are many monkey bread recipes out there. Here's the super easy one we use... it is loved SO much it's often referred to as Jesus In A Pan.
2 rolls refrigerated biscuit dough
1/3 cup melted margarine
1/2 cup cinnamon sugar (mixed to your taste)
1 cup powdered sugar (for icing)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla (for icing)
2-4 tablespoons milk (for icing)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Arrange biscuits in a grid on a cutting board
- Use a pizza roller to cut biscuits in quarters
- Spray casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray
- Arrange half of cut biscuits in a single layer in casserole dish
- Use a pastry brush to coat biscuits with melted margarine
- Sprinkle 1/2 of cinnamon sugar mixture over biscuits
- Arrange remaining cut biscuits in a second layer in casserole dish
- Top with remaining butter and cinnamon sugar mixture
- Cook at 350 degrees for approximately 30 minutes
- Serve warm with icing
To make icing
- Add vanilla to powdered sugar
- Add milk 1/2 tablespoon at a time until icing is of desired consistency
- You can use kitchen scissors to cut biscuits into quarters but using a pizza roller is fastest.
- After about 30 minutes check monkey bread every 2 minutes (turn on oven light, don't open oven door) and remove from oven when the top is golden brown.
Submitted by Amy
- Cook monkey bread in center of oven. Too close to the top and it will brown but still be mushy in the middle.
- Do not use more than two layers of biscuit dough or it will not cook all the way through. If you need more, make a second pan.