This was a thrown together, last minute attempt at a one-dish meal that came out much better than I expected. I will definitely be making this one again.
10 oz frozen spinach
2 1/2 cups assorted shredded cheese
1/2 cup milk
1 lb pasta
1/4 cup prepared pesto
- Boil pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking defrost your spinach and blend it (blender, food processor or magic bullet) with the milk until it is as creamy as your blender is going to get it.
- In a small sauce pan combine the spinach-milk mixture, the pesto and the cheese. Cook over medium heat, stirring regularly, until the cheese is melted.
- Grease the bottom of whatever casserole dish you typically use.
- Drain the pasta and put it in the casserole dish.
- Pour the spinach cheese sauce over the pasta and lightly toss.
- Top with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes.
Submitted by Amy