3 Green peppers
4 Garlic cloves
3 Cans Diced Tomatoes
2 tbs Olive Oil
- Chop green peppers and onions and saute in olive oil over medium high heat until onions are translucent
- Crush garlic in garlic press and add to pepper-onion mixture
- Add tomatoes and Italian seasonings to taste
- Cook over medium heat for 20 minutes
- Puree in blender/food processor/magic bullet until smooth
- Don't add the garlic too early or cook for too long. Garlic becomes bitter if overcooked.
- For a stronger flavor wait until five minutes before pureeing to add the garlic
- This also tastes great with browned ground beef or ground turkey added.
- You could also add mushrooms or olives (or any other veggie) to the saute.
Submitted by Amy