My SIL made this amazing pasta dinner one night when she didn't feel like cooking. I LOVED it and have been making versions of it ever since. This is the best way I've found to duplicate the dish. Check the comments in a day or two to see if Corinne adds any instructions.
1 lb short pasta (such as gemelli or penne)
2 large ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1 package baby spinach, about 6oz
12 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into bite-size pieces
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/4 cup prepared pesto (like this one by Classico)
2 tbs olive oil
Kosher salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking put the spinach in the bottom of a large bowl.
- When the pasta is finished, drain and return to pan.
- Add the olive oil, pesto and garlic and quickly stir until the pasta is coated.
- While the pasta is still very hot, pour it over the spinach
- Let stand for about two minutes so the pasta has time to wilt the spinach.
- Stir in the mozzarella and tomato.
- It's a good idea to let your tomato, mozzarella and spinach come to room temp before making this dish or the end result will be lukewarm.