3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup firmly packed, brown sugar
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats, uncooked
1 (10 ounce) jar raspberry preserves
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixeruntil creamy
- Gradually add sugar, beating well.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients
- Add to butter mixture mixing well.
- Press half of crumb mixture into a greased 13X9 inch pan.
- Spread raspberry preserves over crumb mixture.
- Sprinkle remaining half of crumb mixture over preserves.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack
- Cut into bars.
Yields 32 delicious bars.
- You can use whole wheat flour and Splenda brown sugar
Submitted by Chrissy