1-1/2 cups quinoa
1-1/2 cups canned black beans, rinsed and drained
1-1/2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
1-1/2 cups cooked corn (fresh, canned or frozen)
1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
4 scallions, chopped
1 tsp. garlic, minced fine
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped fine
1/3 cup fresh lime juice
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
1/3 cup olive oil
- Rinse quinoa in a fine sieve under cold running water until water runs clear.
- Put quinoa in a pot with 2-1/4 cups water.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer 20 minutes or until water is absorbed and quinoa is tender.
- Fluff quinoa with a fork and transfer to a large bowl and allow to cool.
- While quinoa is cooking, in a small bowl toss beans with vinegar and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add beans, corn, bell pepper, scallions, garlic, cayenne and coriander to the quinoa. Toss well.
- In a small bowl whisk together lime juice, salt, cumin and add oil in a stream while whisking. Drizzle over salad and toss well with salt and pepper. Salad may be made a day ahead and refrigerated, covered. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Submitted by Rachel