This is a "to taste" recipe. The ingredients vary depending on how spicy and how wet you like your egg salad. Check out the Hints at the bottom for low fat suggestions.
6 hard boiled eggs
- Peel and rinse the eggs.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks.
- In one bowl use a pastry cutter to chop the egg whites. Set aside.
- In another bowl mash the egg yolks and blend with mayonnaise until smooth. Use approximately 3/4 cup of mayo with six egg yolks. More or less depending on how wet you like your egg salad.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of Old Bay. More or less depending on how spicy you like your egg salad.
- Stir the egg yolk mixture into the chopped egg whites.
- For lower fat egg salad try using only three egg yolks with six egg whites.
- Low fat mayo can also be used.