Monday, February 16, 2009

Easy Pot Pie

Ingredients
1 package pre-made pie crust (two pieces)
2-3 cups cooked and cubed chicken
1 bag frozen mixed veggies
1 can cream of chicken soup
Salt and pepper

Directions
- Thaw pie crust according to package directions.
- Put one pie crust round in the bottom of your pie pan.
- In a bowl combine veggies, chicken, soup and salt and pepper (to taste)
- Pour veggie/chicken mix into pie crust.
- Top with second pie crust and pinch edges to seal.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown.

Submitted by Amy

3 comments:

  1. I make this!

    I got it off a mommy website and they called it "Fake-it-don't-make-it Chicken Pot Pie." It's easy and delicious!

    My only trouble is that often I don't get the middle of the bottom crust all the way baked, so it's a little doughy. I think it might be the frozen veggies -- or that I don't have a good way to keep my top edges from getting too brown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love chicken pot pie. My recipe is similar to this, except I make a biscuit topping for the crust.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can also make individual pot pies in ramekins using this recipe... Just cut each of the crusts into quarters and press into the bottom of four ramekins. Then divide the filling into each crust (I add 1/2 cup milk for a saucier filling), and then press another quarter on top of each. Cut a few slits for steam and you are good to go!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to see how these recipes work out for you and what modifications you make. Sorry to have to turn on the word verificatoin but this blog has been getting a LOT of spam!