2 butternut squash, peeled
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Salt and pepper
1 onion, chopped
6 cups chicken stock
- Peel squash and chop onion.
- Cut squash into 1-inch chunks.
- In large pot melt butter.
- Add onion and cook until translucent, about 8 minutes.
- Add squash and stock. Bring to a simmer and cook until squash is tender.
- Remove squash and onion chunks with slotted spoon and place in a blender and puree.
- Return blended squash to pot. Stir and season with nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
Submitted by Amy