1 cup bread crumbs, preferably fresh (see hint)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp. salt
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (6-7 oz each), trimmed
1/4 cup minced fresh basil
1/4 cup mayo
Lemon wedges for serving (optional)
- Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan, garlic, oil, salt, and pepper to taste in a bowl.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels and transfer to 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Combine basil and mayonnaise in small bowl and spread mixture evenly over chicken.
- Sprinkle bread crumb mixture over mayonnaise, pressing lightly to adhere.
- Bake until crumbs are golden brown and instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of chicken registers 160 degrees, 18-22 minutes.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
- To make fresh bread crumbs, process 2 slices of hearty white sandwich bread in a food processor until coarsely ground.
Submitted by Kelly